CA/CAPLUS 250.000 Chinese equivalenten toegevoegd
Existing patent records in the CA/CAplus family of databases have been enhanced with more than 250,000 patent equivalents from the State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) of the People's Republic of China. The additional Chinese (CN) patent equivalents represent granted patents (kind code C) issued during 2004-2008.
CAS DATABASES: uitbreiding opname profetische structuren
Beginning in January 2009, CAS coverage of prophetic substances and uses was extended to include Example sections of patents in all languages from 9 of the major patent offices (Canadian, French, German, Japanese, Russian, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Patent Office and World Intellectual Property Organization).
CAS also covers English-, French-, and German-language patents from 2003-2008, and for completion later this year, from 1998-2002. Japanese-language patents are covered from 2008-present.
CAS DATABASES - NIEUWE SUPER ROLE: NANO
The CAS databases have been enhanced with a new nanomaterial substance super role (NANO) to allow for more targeted substance retrieval in the CA/CAplus family of databases and CAS REGISTRY. Substances are assigned the NANO super role if they are described as being either:
- In a nano form or as nanoscale without further information
- Between 0.05 and 100 nanometers in one dimension
The NANO role can be added to your search query to retrieve only those records specifically related to nanomaterial substances.
The CA/CAplus roles thesaurus has been updated with the NANO super role. For more information, enter HELP ROLES at an arrow prompt (=>) in CA/CAplus and REGISTRY or refer to the STN Quick Reference Card on CAS roles in CA/Caplus: http://www.stn-international.de/fileadmin/be_user/STN/pdf/QRC/casroles.pdf
EPFULL - UITGEBREID MET MEER FULL-TEXT OCTROOIEN
EPFULL, the European Patents Full Text file on STN, was now complemented with full text data for early European patent applications and granted patents. Full text coverage now goes back till the beginning of the European Patent Office. This remarkable extension of full text coverage will result in more comprehensive search results.
For European applications up to publication year 1985 and for European granted patents up to publication year 1990 only bibliographic data had been present in the file so far. Now full text data for applications published between 1978 and 1985 and for granted patents published between 1980 and 1990 were supplemented.
The additional full text data were created by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and may therefore contain misinterpreted characters.
ESBIOBASE (Elsevier Biobase) produced by Elsevier BV, the current awareness database providing comprehensive coverage of the entire spectrum of biological research worldwide (over 4 million records from 1994 to the present), has been reloaded and enhanced due to input format changes.
These enhancements have been implemented in the new file:
- New search and display fields Abstract (/AB) and Publisher (/PB)
- Journal Title, Abbreviated (/JTA) and Journal Title, Full (JTF) are now available for display, select and sort
- All authors and their affiliated organizations are now indexed and displayed in CS.
- Simultaneous left and right truncation (SLART) has been extended to the basic index (/BI), to the title (/TI), and to the new abstract (/AB) field.
SLART has been removed from the /ORGN field but please note that the content of field /ORGN is also part of the Basic Index, where SLART is now available. SLART has been kept in the classification code (/CC) and supplementary term (/ST) fields.
Automatic current awareness searches (SDIs) and saved answer sets are not affected, but as from now fields /ED (Entry Date) and /UP (Update Date) are available for automatic or manual update searching. Use the /ED field to search on all new records in an update, the /UP field to search all new and revised records.
FSTA - Toegevoegd aan het cluster ENVIRONMENT
INPADOCDB LEGAL STATUS UITBREIDING CHINESE OCTROOIEN Legal status data
Chinese patent information in the INPADOC databases
From week 18/2009 onwards, data from China will be available in the legal status.
The start will be made with data from 2008; back-file Chinese legal status data will be incorporated into the database in separate batches each week. The collection of back-file data will include records dating back to October 1985.
The new data entries of the current year will be available in the legal status database as soon as they are delivered to the EPO. English abstracts for Chinese utility models
It is planned starting also end of April to load human translated English abstracts from the Chinese Patent Office (SIPO) for Chinese utility models from 1985-2007. In the coming months about 1 million abstracts will be added.
IMS LifeCycle, Patent Focus (IMSPATENTS) was reloaded on March 21, 2009. The IMSPATENTS database provides patent family data for more than 3,000 commercially significant pharmaceutical compounds.
New search and display fields include:
- Controlled Term (/CT)
- Document Number (/DN)
- Highest Development Phase (/HDP) - Phase I-III, Marketed, etc.
- Other Source (/OS) - links to related substance records in IMSPATENTS
- Reference (/RE)
- Stage (/STG) - numeric values corresponding to /HDP
- Family Number (/FN) - number of records in patent family
In addition, a new Patent Information Table (PITAB) display format has been implemented. This format provides the publication number(s), publication date, filing date, expiry date, and country for patent family members.
The following fields have been eliminated and may require changes to current-awareness alert profiles (SDIs):
- Application Country (/AC)
- Application Information (/AI)
- Application Number (/AP)
- Application Publication Date (/APD)
- Application Publication Year (/APY)
- Clinical Application (/APP) - clinical application data now to be displayed in the Controlled Term (/CT) field instead
Additionally, the following enhancements have been implemented:
- Simultaneous left and right truncation (SLART) is now available in the Basic Index (/BI), Abstract (/AB), Chemical Name (/CN), and Text (/TX) fields).
- The Abstract (/AB) field is now separately searchable and displayable.
- Entry Date (/ED) and Update Date (/UP) fields are now searchable and displayable.